VMware Cloud Community
kingogdr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I do GPU Pass Through with vSphere Essentials Kit?

I am curious if any type of direct pass through of a graphics card is possible with this version of the vSphere software. I don't necessarily need the vGPU which I know requires enterprise plus, but does the Essentials Kit include anything that'll work for pass-through?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

PCI Passtrough can be use with any vSphere licensing including the free vSphere Hypervisor. So yes.... you can use it with your vSphere Essentials, but the Passtrough needs supports HW and does not work very well with every system board and card. Of course for the vGPU feature you need E+ and Horizon.

Regards,

Joerg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Welcome to VMTN. 🙂

I looked around and you won't achieve this without Enterprise Plus license. Refer to NVIDIA link below:

NVIDIA vGPU for vSPhere/ESXi is a premium VMware-licensed feature

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

PCI Passtrough can be use with any vSphere licensing including the free vSphere Hypervisor. So yes.... you can use it with your vSphere Essentials, but the Passtrough needs supports HW and does not work very well with every system board and card. Of course for the vGPU feature you need E+ and Horizon.

Regards,

Joerg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos