VMware Cloud Community
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can I change or circumvent the Predefined Upgrade Baseline for VMware Tools Upgrade to Match Host in Update Manager in the Flash Web Client?

Hello.

I have VMs using VMware Tools version 10272 which the VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 5310538 Host considers Current.

Doing a Scan for Updates using VMware Tools Upgrade to Match Host (Predefined) shows the VMs as Compliant and the options under the VMs to Upgrade VMware Tools are grayed out. VM version is 11

On another VM I have a VMware Tools version 10277 (Host version ESXi, 6.5.0, 5310538) which the host also marks as Current and Upgrade VMware Tools are grayed out. VM verison is 11.

On yet another VM the version is 10272 but VM version 9 and Upgrade VMware Tools are NOT grayed out.

Why can't I upgrade using Upgrade VMware Tools on the VM using 10272 apart from logging into that VM and mounting the iso file manually?

Is the Predefined Baseline fixed on 10272?

Can I somehow circumvent a setting to make 10277 be considered current and 10272 upgradeable under VM version 11?

Best Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Reply
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello.

As it stands now, the only way to upgrade VMware Tools 10272 under VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 5310538 to 10277 is to install it manually.

Files in /lockerProduct or [] /vmimages/tools-isoimages/windows.iso or on the SD card from which the Host is booted are ignored.

/Peter

0 Kudos