VMware Cloud Community
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

CONFIRMATION NEEDED ABOUT DIFFERENT FIRMWARE IN INSTALLATION FOR A NEW SOLUTION

Good morning everybody!

I have a very simple question about a new solution that I want to deploy. A few time ago I bought two HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9. One month ago I bought another HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9.

It came the last server with an iLO version more newer than the other two servers. I want to deploy a 3 ESXi + vCSA + vSAN so I downgraded to version P89 v2.30 (09/13/2016). Now, all three servers have the same version before working with VMware.

But I found a little difference between the new server and the other two: watching Sysytem Overview from servers via iLO, I see the new server has HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Firmware at version 2.1 besides of the other two, have version 1.1.

I tried to force downgrade again in the new server and this version remains at 2.1.

May it be a future problema with the installation of ESXi and vCSA? I will install the latest version VMware ESXi Installer 6.5.0.update01-5969303 x86_64 and VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.5.0-7312210.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found that this difference it would not be any problem when I will deploy the solution explained.

I close this post now.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i do not understand why did you downgrade firmware and drivers . Downgrade might be cause problem . best practice to keep up to date your system firmware and drivers for all 3 ESXI host .

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I decided to downgrade because one of the latest versions from HPE servers was not fully compatible with the actual versión of ESXi and vCSA software. This System ROM is working OK in ESXi version VMware-VIM-all-6.5.0-5318154 and vCSA version VMware-VCSA-all-6.5.0-5705665. If I am not wrong actual System ROM versions of HPE servers are not fully compatible with the version I put here and the other that I put on the other message, at the beginning of this post.

The matter is if anyone can confirm me if this type of different firmware would be a future problem with ESXi and vCSA software version that I put in the initial message.

Thank you for your reply, ranchuab!!. Regards,

0 Kudos
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found that this difference it would not be any problem when I will deploy the solution explained.

I close this post now.

Regards,