VMware Cloud Community
eponymousone
Contributor
Contributor

Bug in the ESXi 6.7 U2 Interface?

Hi,

I've just done a clean install of ESXi 6.7 U2 and created a VM.

From the web interface, when I click from Host->Monitor screen to the Virtual Machines tab I see "Warning" on the status tab.

However, if I click "Refresh", the status changes to "Normal". It stays as normal with multiple refreshes. If I click away from the Virtual Machines tab and come back to it, the Warning returns.

Is this expected behaviour and is there any way I can get more information about the Warning? I've had a look in the interface and can't see anything obviously wrong.

Is this in fact a bug in the interface?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

I think NOTso .... did you check both of HTML5 and Flash-Based vSphere Web Clients show this message?

and tell me did you see this warning just in the VM tabs or there is another tabs with same problem ?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
eponymousone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've only tested HTML5 - I don't even think Flash is installed on any of my machines any more Smiley Happy

I did have some further info on this. The warning message was justified as for one of my VMs, the Guest OS Version mis-matched the actual Guest OS installed in the VM. If I match them properly then the warning does go away.

However, this still doesn't explain why clicking refresh on the machine would make the warning disappear. It then re-appears when you click off the VMs tab and back on to it. This definitely feels like a bug (albeit a minor one).

Regards.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

I saw many errors in vSphere web client specially in version 6.7, but not in your case Smiley Happy

So as i understand from your answer, refreshing operation remove the warning and it may appear again ?!

I think it's better to check VM logs anyway, because I think if cause of this situation is mismatch of pre-config wizard and actual guest OS, you may select very different guest OS and it change somethings like VM SCSI controller (for example)

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

in Edit settings OS version is correct?

Alessandro Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
eponymousone
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks all for your comments.

I've just changed the GuestOS to be correct and the warning has gone for now.

I'll look into this further if it re-appears.

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Well!

I was confident that GuestOS was not correct.

Alessandro Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos