VMware Cloud Community
Ascendancer
Contributor
Contributor

Are these the oldest snapshots of all time?

Hi folks,

i´m new in the forum, but i work with VMware since more than 10 years.

I had a strange incident back in march, where i encountered unbelievably old snapshots at a customer we just started to manage at this point:

Snapshot Taken: 12.3.2014

Deleted on: 13.3.2019

5 Years!

Problems when deleting them ensured, space low, some oddball storage nobody has ever heard of, just awesome.

My question: Does this qualify for a world record of some sorts? Have you ever encountered anything close to that?

I have screenshot as evidence, i will look to upload/link it later since i´m not familiar with the forum software here.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ascendancer
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the picture i have taken on 13th March 2019

_uk-snaps-anon2.PNG

of course there was more than one ^_^

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Can't say if it it the oldest, but I do know that most people won't run that long on a snapshot. I suspect though there will more people in a similar situation without knowing 😕

0 Kudos
Barbara500
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, those are the oldest snapshot that you are described. you need to delete them or have create new snapshot. My suggestion is to take backup of them as if you need this in future like KFC Survey always do.

0 Kudos
Ascendancer
Contributor
Contributor

Barbara500​ I´m not seeking technical advise, i am just looking for people how have encountered snapshots close to, or beyond that age, otherwise i will Claim WR :smileycool:

Anybody?

0 Kudos