VMware Cloud Community
papahendo31
Contributor
Contributor

Apply storage DRS recommendations when storage migrating vms

Hello,

Does anyone know how to track which vm is being migrated?  I have several vms migrating to different datastores and the recent tasks in vCenter just say Applying storage DRS recommendations.  It would be nice to tell what vms they are.  For example if I want to update on the status or easily determine which are complete. 

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The events on the datastore cluster object should show these VM names, I believe.

0 Kudos
papahendo31
Contributor
Contributor

It shows an event for the storage migration and vm but not status.  This is strange i cannot find any way to track them.  I suppose I can record the start times and do it that way but can't find any way to track by VM name. 

0 Kudos
Portwajn1337
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I came here googling for the same and I think I figured (or VMWare improved on it - I'm on 6.7.0.44000).

A few seconds after migration has started, when you refresh the view on "Apply Storage DRS recommendations" in Tasks for the target cluster/datastore, in the main part of the window it shows related events, which clearly point at the VM name (including migration path).

Hope that helps, I'm satisfied with it.

Best,

Adam

0 Kudos