VMware Cloud Community
MikeOD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any issues with 6.7 vcenter managing 6.5u2 host?

We were running a 6.5 u1 VCenter (VCSA), managing a number of ESXI 6.5u1 and 6.0 hosts.  We've upgraded the VCenter to 6.7.0c.

I know there currently is no upgrade path from esxi 6.5u2 to 6.7, but is anyone seeing issues with 6.5u2 hosts being managed by a 6.7 VCenter?

Our hosts are HP servers, with a mix of G8, G9, and G10 systems.  We'll be updating the ESXi on the G9 and G10's to 6.7. 

The G8's aren't supported for ESXi 6.7, but they are supported by 6.5u2.  Since any future upgrade to 6.7 is a non issue for these hosts, I was going to go ahead and update them to 6.5u2.

According to the product interoperability matrix, VCenter 6.7 is OK with ESXi 6.5u2, but I just was wondering if anyone come across any issues with this mix.

Any info would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Nope, not seen any until now. As you would already know, we should be good with anything that shows up green on the VMware Product Inter-Operability Matrix Smiley Wink

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Nope, not seen any until now. As you would already know, we should be good with anything that shows up green on the VMware Product Inter-Operability Matrix Smiley Wink

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I do not recommend. Always follow the VMware Product Inter-Operability Matrix .

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
raviverma17
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If product interoperability matrix says that it is supported, then it is supported.

Also, I would recommend to separate the ESXi's with different versions into separate cluster due to difference in how things would get handled on specific versions (like 6.5 in one cluster and 6.7 in another).

Regards Ravi Verma
0 Kudos
MikeOD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. 

Normally, I have confidence in in the interoperability guide, but the issues of 6.5U2 released after 6.7, and the current upgrade restrictions, I was just wanting to see if any real-world experiences showed any problems.

0 Kudos
MikeOD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The VMware Product Inter-Operability Matrix says that it is supported.  With the timing of the release of 6.5u2 and 6.7, I just wanted to see if anyone has had an problems in a real world environment.

0 Kudos