VMware Cloud Community
ywj1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After the VMware virtual machine modifies the CPU core, the network cannot ping automatically

HI,

Have you ever encountered such an event:

VMware virtual machine modified CPU core configuration and the network was not working;

(the test is as follows: 2*2 configuration, the network is normal;2*2 is modified to 2*4, the network is not working;2*2 is changed to 4*2, the network is normal)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Did you check the guest OS event logs or even vmware.log files in the VM related directory?

What's going on exactly to the network transmission? what's the result of ping execution?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
ywj1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply.

Network ping, show network timeout;

No obvious alarm or error message is recognized in vmware.log;

Do you have any similar cases?

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Not exactly the same as you did ...

Please reinstall the VMware tools after changing the CPU. also, what's the type of vNIC? Did you try to change it between VMXNET / E1000 ?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
ywj1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply.

I have done network card replacement, replacement network card type operation, the result is the same;

I'll try to reinstall VMtools and test it;

If the problem is solved after resetting VMtools, I don't know how to explain the correlation between them?

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

It can have much abnormal reasons and you should test every factor about the guest OS and VM hardware... But I think we you encounter with this issue, you should at least one log in the windows event viewer related to this problem

0 Kudos
ywj1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos