VMware Cloud Community
kcepaxe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After a power failure can't load datastore

Hi, guys. After a power falure my ESXi-6.7.0 (VMFS6) server dont start normally. I was missing datastore with VMs and cant mount it.

voma -m vmfs -f check -d /vmfs/devices/disks/naa.600605b0070802b0ff0000310316959c

ON-DISK ERROR: LFB inconsistency found: (415,13) allocated in bitmap, but never used

ON-DISK ERROR: LFB inconsistency found: (415,14) allocated in bitmap, but never used

ON-DISK ERROR: LFB inconsistency found: (415,15) allocated in bitmap, but never used

ON-DISK ERROR: JBC inconsistency found: (9,0) allocated in bitmap, but never used

Total Errors Found:           185595

[root@localhost:~] esxcfg-mpath -l

sas.500304801203b400-sas.600000310316959c-naa.600605b0070802b0ff0000310316959c

Runtime Name: vmhba2:C2:T1:L0

Device: naa.600605b0070802b0ff0000310316959c

Device Display Name: Local SMC Disk (naa.600605b0070802b0ff0000310316959c)

Adapter: vmhba2 Channel: 2 Target: 1 LUN: 0

Adapter Identifier: sas.500304801203b400

Target Identifier: sas.600000310316959c

Plugin: NMP

State: active

Transport: sas

Adapter Transport Details: 500304801203b400

Target Transport Details: 600000310316959c

pastedImage_2.png

I was already try to use vmfs-tools6 (GitHub - weafon/vmfs6-tool: Clone the vmfs-tool project from glandium.org to support vmfs6) and migrate VMs to another host, but all VMs missed any volumes

How can i fix the errors or get access to information in my VMs?

Please, help me =(

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Andrey
Sorry - I have bad news !
After an hour with your dump it looks like this case is beyond my skills.
I am not ready to declare defeat yet but so far I was not able to create a sh-script for any of your flat or delta-vmdks.
I can read vmx-files and vmdk-descriptorfiles but at the moment thats all I can do Smiley Sad
Unfortunately all your vmdks appear to be thin-provisioned so a raw scan will not really help us here.
I attach a zip-archive with the vmx and vmdk-descriptorfiles I could extract from the VMFS-header.
Please give me a few more hours before you make any decisions - I am not yet willing to give up.
Anyway - prepare yourself for the worst case - your only option may be Kroll Ontrack.
Lets discuss this via skype - maybe a remote-session would make sense in this case.
Ulli

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kcepaxe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any suggestions? I create dump file disk by instruction: Create a VMFS-Header-dump using an ESXi-Host in production | VM-Sickbay

continuum​, Can you​ try to help me, please? My dump file: https://cloud.iportal.ru/s/WMnE4x2XXQStFXK

Thx for any feedback

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I will look into it asap.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Andrey
I think you misunderstood my instructions.
The txt-file you created with the strings command is only foryour own use to evaluate wether you want to post the data in public.
I need the full dump-file - preferably with a reasonable name.
I have more than enough casename.1536 files - so call it sizov.1536 for example.
Anyway - I may have good news.

bo-nsk-grafana01_0-flat.vmdk

bo-nsk-wico01_0-flat.vmdk

bo-nsk-xmpp01-flat.vmdk

iportal-nsk-cam01_0-flat.vmdk

iportal-nsk-corelts02_0-flat.vmdk

jabber-iportal-ru_0-flat.vmdk

n1-ksc-01-flat.vmdk

n1-nsk-keycolector01_0-flat.vmdk

n1-nsk-video02_0-flat.vmdk

rn-nsk-ts-flat.vmdk

rn-nsk-ts01-flat.vmdk

zp-nsk-cam01-flat.vmdk

maybe recoverable.
But I really need the full dump file. !

0 Kudos
kcepaxe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh, im really sorry about that.

Right dump file: https://cloud.iportal.ru/s/o7DTPp4WXXTRwaN

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Andrey
Sorry - I have bad news !
After an hour with your dump it looks like this case is beyond my skills.
I am not ready to declare defeat yet but so far I was not able to create a sh-script for any of your flat or delta-vmdks.
I can read vmx-files and vmdk-descriptorfiles but at the moment thats all I can do Smiley Sad
Unfortunately all your vmdks appear to be thin-provisioned so a raw scan will not really help us here.
I attach a zip-archive with the vmx and vmdk-descriptorfiles I could extract from the VMFS-header.
Please give me a few more hours before you make any decisions - I am not yet willing to give up.
Anyway - prepare yourself for the worst case - your only option may be Kroll Ontrack.
Lets discuss this via skype - maybe a remote-session would make sense in this case.
Ulli