VMware Cloud Community
ioan_p
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Acquiring a paid vSphere 6.5 license

For a long time I've been using a trial vSphere 6.0 license key initially with vSphere 6.0 and then with vSphere 6.5. I would like to get one of the paid vSphere 6.5 variants, like, for instance Essentials or Standard, if possible. The problem is that I can only get version 8.

Any idea how to go about it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Buy an 8.x license and downgrade it to 6.x

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81665

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Buy an 8.x license and downgrade it to 6.x

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81665

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ioan_p
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

It seems to me that downgrading a license to version 6.5 and upgrading it later back to version 8 can be done any number of times without any problem. Is this the case?

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes you can down and upgrade as often you want with your paid license within the customer connect portal.

Only offering the latest version is economic because it reduce the needed SKUs x times and makes the price book more user friendly.

Regards,
Joerg

ioan_p
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos