VMware Cloud Community
Mythfx
Contributor
Contributor

6.7 u3. NFS4 Datastore using AD (Active Directory) User Creds.

Hola,

As title suggest I am trying to add, successfully, a datastore using nfs4. The storage appliance allows connections from Centos 7, as AD user, via nfs4. Permissions are working fine.

When I add the datastore in esx / vsphere, with NFS4, using an AD user credentials the mounting of the datastore is successful. However when I try to browse the datastore as root - I get permission denied. I have tried vie the CLI also.

The only way I can access the datastore is if I open up permissions to anyone or map anonymous to the AD user. Neither of which are really a solution. the vmkernel log has little else other than 'permission denied'.

it would appear that esx /vsphere is not passing valid user creds to the storage appliance.

I have tried these formats for user:

1. user.name
  2. DOMAIN\user.name
  3. user.name@domain.com

All result in permission denied.

Anyone out there doing this? Successfully?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mythfx
Contributor
Contributor

No one at all is doing this?

if no one is doing this, how is anyone else using NFS4? What user / creds are being used for NFS4 Datastores?

0 Kudos
Mythfx
Contributor
Contributor

No one wants to share the method for auth on NFS4 for datastores?

Or is it just so flakey no one wants to put it in production? I cant believe that to be the case.

Maybe I just default to iSCSI, but I've been told numerous times NFS is a first class citizen now.

0 Kudos