VMware Cloud Community
geberle1
Contributor
Contributor

6.0 to 6.7 Pre-upgrade check Result Error

I am getting an error " Internal error occurs during pre-upgrade checks. Resolution: Please search for these symptoms in VMware knowledge base.

We put in a ticket last week and haven't heard back so I hope you all have a suggestion.

Tried FQDDN and IP of vcenter, and for ESXi host that it resides on.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ryanrpatel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the current version of vCSA?

What build version of 6.7 you trying to jump to?

Also, what is the current version of ESXi Hosts?

0 Kudos
geberle1
Contributor
Contributor

6.0. update 2

to

0 Kudos
ryanrpatel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How many Hosts do you have in this cluster? Did you make sure DRS isn't set to Fully Auto? What browser are you using?

0 Kudos
geberle1
Contributor
Contributor

We completed stage 1 build a new 6.7 Appliance, stage 2 is the upgrade (transfer the configuration and identity data from the 6.0 vCenter appliance) and that step is where it fails. We do have 16 ESXi hosts. We did disable the DRS. I saw documentation about launching the helper on the 6.0 side, that did not seem to help either.

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Did you checked the logs? You can check  /var/log/vmware/upgrade/upgrade-requirements.log and also Collect Deployment Log Files for the vCenter Server Appliance

0 Kudos
geberle1
Contributor
Contributor

Attached the log, I see several different vix error codes in there:

A general system error occurred: vix error codes = (1,4294967141)

A general system error occurred: vix error codes = (1, 4294967137)

A general system error occurred: vix error codes = (1, 4294967145)

ERROR transport.guestops Failed to create temp file on target A general system error occurred: vix error codes = (1, 4294967135).

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Did you checked this /var/log/vmware/upgrade/requirements-upgrade-runner.log ?

0 Kudos
geberle1
Contributor
Contributor

I was not able to find this file in the downloaded TAR file I extracted. var/log/VMware does not have a upgrade folder, or a file called upgrade-requirements.log. I tried to putty to the new vcenter and the connection is refused.

0 Kudos