VMware Cloud Community
PMPM789
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[500]SSO error:null ,check the vsphere web client server logs for details

i recently upgraded v Center appliance from v sphere 6 .x to vCenter 6.7 . i am facing below issue while login from web client :

A server error occurred.

[500] SSO error: null

Check the vSphere Web Client server logs for details.

below error while logging from vSphere Client :

[400] An error occurred while sending an authentication request to the vCenter Single Sign-On server - An error occurred when processing the metadata during vCenter Single Sign-On setup - null.

when i check from appliance i see SSO has already started. i have disabled NTP and enabled tried both ways .but still the issue there.Can experts sugguest how to fix this 

Tags (1)
9 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You have disabled NTP and enabled  NTP? Can you explain where it was disabled. Also, the environment is it vcenter with embedded psc or external psc?

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
PMPM789
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I disabled on appliance and restarted appliance and enabled NTP and restarted appliance but still the same issue its with embedded PSC

0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

You can attach the log here.

/var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

can you check the time on the esxi hosts where the appliances are residing and validate if they have any issue with timesync?

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

Hi

Your VCSA appliance, PSC if it is external and host if your have made it grab time from, then all this 3 should be in sync with respective to time .

Also make sure with which account are you trying to logging,is this happening only with domain accounts or all accounts including SSO default as well

0 Kudos
MobicaLicenses
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem after upgrade vCenter 6.7, resolved the problem was reset all Certificates (8)cert.JPG

after that check if all apropriate services are started :

service-control --status

services.jpg

vmoctopus
Contributor
Contributor

man , you saved my day.

suddenly i had this issue with my vcsa 6.5   (no maintenance applied)

0 Kudos
jgcsw4lyfe
Contributor
Contributor

Note, if you have an older install thats been upgraded, you may still have broken STS and Update manager after running the cert mgr.  I had to get support to take care of it, took only 1 hour from the time i opened it to closing.

0 Kudos
Shimondaz
Contributor
Contributor

thank you,

same issue - worked for me.

0 Kudos