VMware Cloud Community
yixuan_s
Contributor
Contributor

2 vmware vsphere 6.X essentials license, failure in 2 ESXI hosts and vcenter no longer works.

1. I have 2 VMware vsphere 6.X essentials license.
  2. One of 3 ESXI hosts spoilt, let's call this Cluster A with its own vCenter.
  3. In a rush, I got another ESXi host with another VMware vsphere 6.X essential license with its own vCenter. Let's call this Cluster B with only 1 ESXI host.
  4. With 2 ESXI hosts in Cluster A running its own vCenter, I told vCenter to connect with the 1 ESXI host in Cluster B.
  5. vCenter in cluster A started complaining about licensing, having 2 VMware vsphere 6.X essentials license.
  6. After repairing the spoilt ESXI host, I put the fixed ESXI host back in cluster A and connected back with cluster A vCenter.
  7. That ESXI host in Cluster B spoilt after that. Which resulted in my cluster A vCenter went into evaluation license. Yes, I was very tardy, lots to do and had to repair the cluster B ESXI host, now my cluster A vCenter, after 30 days (the evaluation license has expired), cannot connect to any of my ESXi hosts .
  8. At Administration -> licensing -> LIcenses -> To view and manage licenses, you must have the Global.Licenses privilege on the vCenter Server system where this vSphere Web Client runs. At present, I am not able to enter a license for cluster A vCenter.
  9. How should I have this rectified? How do I get cluster A vCenter able to connect with my ESXI hosts again?
0 Kudos
0 Replies