VMware Cloud Community
manamraja
Contributor
Contributor

1k port groups in 6.5U1

Unable to deploy OVF with 1k port groups on VDS.

Installation is stalled during OVF download if there are more than 300 port groups on VDS.

Any work around  or anyone facing this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the forums!

Jsst a few questions from me to clarify your issue:

• What is the OVF you are trying to deploy?
  • You are trying to deploy an OVF to use networking on a distributed switch which has 1000 portgroups?
  • As a workaround, is it possible to deploy it to a switch with less portgroups and before powering on the OVF, change the network settings of the VM?

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos
manamraja
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Graham,

Thanks for replying my query, really appreciate it. Here is the response to your questions.

• What is the OVF you are trying to deploy?
    • Trying to deploy CentOS 7.0 VM
  • You are trying to deploy an OVF to use networking on a distributed switch which has 1000 portgroups?
    • Yes that is right.
  • As a workaround, is it possible to deploy it to a switch with less portgroups and before powering on the OVF, change the network settings of the VM?
    • This is definitely a good workaround but difficult to manage. We need to create two switches one for launching VMs and another for actual networking.

Do you know if a fix will be available soon?

0 Kudos
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

No problem - I am unaware of any issues at this time.

If you have VMware support, I would recommend generating a support log bundle for the vCenter Server, including the host that you are deploying to. Then uploading these logs to an SR for analysis by GSS.

You could also upload logs here too. I would be interested in the vCenter Server logs (Specifically vSphere Client)

vCenter Server that runs on Windows

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\logs\vsphere-client\logs

vCenter Server Appliance

/var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos