VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vsan upgrade

i have Huawei RH5885H V3 servers and running on VMware ESXi 6.0.0 build-5572656 on vsan cluster. now i want to upgrade vsan cluster but i think server is not support to upgrade to 6.5 or 6.7 u1 vcenter and esxi . I wasn't sure. Server hardware does not support if I want to upgrade ( vsan ) ?

but esxi version supports to Huawei RH5885H V3. I'm looking wrong ? can you check and help me about all

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello ferexderta

Typically if a server is supported for an ESXi version it is supported for vSAN running on that version - I am unaware if there are limitations with regard to ReadyNodes in this respect but there very well may be (as support for the drivers and firmware is going to be over a longer period if supporting more versions).

In this case you will see that your screenshot is actually referencing servers with different specifications than yours - yours has v2 CPU (2014) and the other v4 (2016) - this can dictate the difference in what versions of ESXi the hardware vendor supports these for.

Thus I would advise remaining on 6.0 (though do update to latest 6.0 patch available) until the next hardware refresh.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello ferexderta

Typically if a server is supported for an ESXi version it is supported for vSAN running on that version - I am unaware if there are limitations with regard to ReadyNodes in this respect but there very well may be (as support for the drivers and firmware is going to be over a longer period if supporting more versions).

In this case you will see that your screenshot is actually referencing servers with different specifications than yours - yours has v2 CPU (2014) and the other v4 (2016) - this can dictate the difference in what versions of ESXi the hardware vendor supports these for.

Thus I would advise remaining on 6.0 (though do update to latest 6.0 patch available) until the next hardware refresh.

Bob

0 Kudos