VMware Cloud Community
faaram1
Contributor
Contributor

vsan health problem after driver installation

Hi all

My vsan health service stop working after new raid controller installation. The error is: "Host not updated to 6.0 U2. Health checks disabled ". But my esxi server is updated with last patches and there is no problem with version. How can I fix this issue?

Thank you

Best regards Aram

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

Good morning, did you update vCenter and all vSAN hosts?  They need to be on the same version for the health checks to work.  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
faaram1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Yes I have updated all environment to last versions. When I am turning off raid controller the problem is disappearing.

0 Kudos
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

If you put the RAID to pass through instead of zero it goes away?  What is the card?  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
faaram1
Contributor
Contributor

The raid card is MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i

Here are the steps I have done

1. install(plug in) the raid card -> raid card worked with driver megaraid-sas 6.603; problem with vsan health "Host not updated to 6.0 U2"

2. install with esxcli driver lsi-mr3 6.611(latest megaraid driver in manufacturer official website)->raid card worked with new driver problem with vsan health

3.uninistall all drvers for raid card; reboot and install(using vcenter update manager) driver megaraid-sas 6.604(the latest driver for this device in vmware HCL)->raid card worked vsan health is working but there is warning that driver and device are not compatible(N/A in HCL)

4. update the host with critical patch 'Updates esx-base, vsanhealth, vsan VIBs'after reboot again problem with vsan health "Host not updated to 6.0 U2"

best regards

Aram

0 Kudos
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

I'm not sure about your error, but did not see the card on the HCL.  Could that be your problem?  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
thawkbravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any updates on this. I am running into the same issue with Dell PERC 730 Mini (VMware Compatibility Guide - vsanio)

0 Kudos