VMware Cloud Community
KuznetsovDmitry
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere 7.0.2 Build:17694817 vsan - cant create Fault domains

I delete all Fault domains in vsan and now i cant create it. I cant build distributed cluster. Interface to join host to falt domain is unreachebl now. 

vSphere 7.0.2 Build:17694817 vsan

anybody see this problrm before ?

fault domains.jpg

Moderator edit by wila: Moved post from vCenter discussions to vSAN discussions

0 Kudos
6 Replies
comahony
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Test - ignore

0 Kudos
comahony
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Test - ignore

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

@KuznetsovDmitry, is the vCenter that manages this cluster also on 7.0 U2 and does this cluster have adequate licensing for enabling stretched cluster (vSAN Enterprise or higher)?

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsan/vmware-vsan-licensin...

0 Kudos
KuznetsovDmitry
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we have Enterprise license. Cluster was configured with 3 fault domains. I delet it and now i cant create them.  vSAN Cluster Licensing
ASSIGN LICENSE

LicensevSUN
License key
ProductvSAN Enterprise
Usage6 CPUs (up to 32 cores)
License expiration
 Never
Licensed features
iSCSI
All Flash
Stretched Cluster
RAID5/RAID6 Support
Storage Savings by Dedupe and Compression
vSAN Encryption
vSAN File Services
HCI Mesh
Data-in-Transit Encryption
vSAN Shared Nothing Storage
0 Kudos
MIGMOL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

@MIGMOL Are there any other symptoms of UI components that depend on vmware-vsan-health service (e.g. Skyline Health, Disk Management panes) not functioning?

Any other problems on the vCenter e.g. /storage/log/ 100% full? If you can, please restart all vC services and validate all necessary services are running properly.

Are you logged in with correct account that has the necessary privileges to change this?

If none of above helps I would advise opening a Support Request so my team can look into this properly as I don't think I have seen this issue in any cases (though will have a dig once online).

@KuznetsovDmitry Did you find the cause/solution to this issue?

0 Kudos