VMware Cloud Community
SkyGoh
Contributor
Contributor

vSAN triggered alarm appearing from time to time

Hi VMware Community,

Would require help to resolve these triggered alarm that has been on and off from time to time.

Tried searching through for solution but was unable to find a permanent solution.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me more information on this. :smileycry:

vSAN issue 2.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello SkyGoh

There is actually a handy button on every vSAN Health check that tells you more information about what can trigger it and what can help resolve it - I advise you read these. Cluster > Monitor > vSAN > Health > Retest , then it is just a case of looking at the drop-down triggered alarms you are interested in and clicking the 'ask VMware' button which will redirect to the specific kb article.

e.g.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2108691

In your case you are likely: a) running unsupported hardware/driver/firmware on controller/disks b) have transient or permanent failing drives (either due to a) or physically failing) c) are exceeding 80% used of your vsanDatastore (potentially due to a) and/or b) ) d) have disks with more than 30% capacity used disparity (potentially due to b) if transient and coming back with no usable data and thus functionally blank).

Bob

0 Kudos
SkyGoh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your advice, I did read through the reason for the warnings and even source for answers before posting my problems here.

As I do not understand the reason for constant appearance of these warnings even after multiple different attempt of fixes.

Thank you for your guide towards a correct directions. At the very least now I do not have to dive in blindly.

Regards

Sky

0 Kudos