VMware Cloud Community
mthiha207au
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSAN default Storage Policy Raid Configuration

Hi All,

I am new to vSAN. In default vSAN storage policy, there is no raid configuration information. My requirement is to have Raid-1 as default.

Unfortunately, I cant find any documentation on this. Hope some experts can advise on this.

Thanks,

Max

vsan_default_policy.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Max,

Welcome to Communities and welcome to vSAN!

As you can see from your screenshot the 'Virtual SAN Default Storage Policy' has 'Failures To Tolerate = 1' (FTT=1), this is a Raid-1 configuration in that there are two replica data components created for each Object that this policy is applied to.

This document gives an overview of some of the different Rule-sets that can be applied using Storage Policies and their function:

pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-60/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.virtualsan.doc%2FGUID-08911FD3-2462-4C1C-AE81-0D4DBC8F7990.html

Bob

-o- If you found this comment useful please click the 'Helpful' button and/or select as 'Answer' if you consider it so, please ask follow-up questions if you have any -o-

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Max,

Welcome to Communities and welcome to vSAN!

As you can see from your screenshot the 'Virtual SAN Default Storage Policy' has 'Failures To Tolerate = 1' (FTT=1), this is a Raid-1 configuration in that there are two replica data components created for each Object that this policy is applied to.

This document gives an overview of some of the different Rule-sets that can be applied using Storage Policies and their function:

pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-60/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.virtualsan.doc%2FGUID-08911FD3-2462-4C1C-AE81-0D4DBC8F7990.html

Bob

-o- If you found this comment useful please click the 'Helpful' button and/or select as 'Answer' if you consider it so, please ask follow-up questions if you have any -o-

0 Kudos
mthiha207au
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Got it. Thank you!

0 Kudos