VMware Cloud Community
JSXYR
Contributor
Contributor

vSAN configuration issue

Hello everyone,

i have cluster consist of 4 SuperMicro servers with NVMe drives and i have vCenter 6.7.

when i am trying to configure the VSAN in Create fault domains step i click next but nothing happened and doesn't show me any error.

i tried to reboot the vCenter server multiple time but nothing happened, also i make sure of the disks configuration and VMadapter with vSAN service enable and i have connectivity between the hosts.

also i am working with evaluation license for 60 days.

you can see in the attachment when it's stop.

can anyone help me please with this issue.

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vpradeep01
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Weird ! Can you to try from Webclient

0 Kudos
JSXYR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dear,

thanks for your replay.

yes i already try by Webclient and i change the web browser and if you notice it the screenshot that i attached there is no services which i can enable duplication and compression.

thanks

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

What are you aiming to do in this screen? As this screen allows you to setup fault domains by using the "plus" sign, which appears not to be greyed out, so it should be working. However, as you have 4 hosts, it probably doesn't make sense to create fault domain to begin with? I usually see people using fault domains when they have 6 hosts or more across 3 racks for instance. In those cases the racks have separate power supplies, or a top of rack switching, and as such are considered a potential "single point of failure"/

0 Kudos
JSXYR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dear,

i fix the problem by myself it was related of NVMe drives on bios configuration, now everything working fine

thanks for everyone

0 Kudos
jaredaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JSXYR, I'm having a similar issue.  What specifically did you have to change in your BIOS?

0 Kudos