VMware Cloud Community
Luca82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSAN and Data Locality

Hi everyone, I am very interested to deepen the new vsan storage policy for data locality. What I have found since now is the following information:

And how to we make sure that the compute and VMDKs for the datanodes are kept local on the same vSAN host? We do this by introducing a new policy for data locality in 6.7. Note that this is not yet freely available, but is only available via the RPQ process. if this is something you would be interested in, reach out to your local VMware account team who can put you in touch with our vSAN Product Managers.

Ok...now I just wanted to try/test this new functionality but I don't understand what is the RPQ process... could you help me to understand?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can file a support request for it, or if you have a contact at VMware you can ask them to file it for you. Do you want to test this for a particular use case, or just to play around with it?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can file a support request for it, or if you have a contact at VMware you can ask them to file it for you. Do you want to test this for a particular use case, or just to play around with it?

Luca82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you duncan! Just for testing/play around with it... I'll ask to my vmware contact  .... and I'll wait you'll post something about it on your blog XDXD

0 Kudos