VMware Cloud Community
toffaha1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSAN VMs inaccessible

Hello,

I turned off my vSAN cluster and then removed the disk groups and rebooted all the ESXi's

then I recreated the cluster and it's showing no issues at all.

but any VM I create shows as inaccessible! 

Best Regards,
Muhammad Toffaha
Technical Consultant
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
toffaha1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@TheBobkin 

I fixed the issue by completely shutdown the vSAN cluster and restart it again from vSAN services tab
weird but fixed 🙂 

Best Regards,
Muhammad Toffaha
Technical Consultant

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

@toffaha1 

"I turned off my vSAN cluster and then removed the disk groups and rebooted all the ESXi's
then I recreated the cluster and it's showing no issues at all."
Any particular reason for doing this?
I assume you are completely aware that this completely removed any data that was stored on vsanDatastore?

"but any VM I create shows as inaccessible!"
You are going to have to be far more specific here.
Start with validating that you can place objects using the current policy applied as default to the vsanDatastore via: Cluster > Monitor > vSAN > Proactive Tests > VM Creation test > Run
If this works then placement with that policy is okay (e.g. you have Disk-Groups on minimum needed number of nodes, cluster is formed etc.) and thus you need to determine why the new VMs are becoming inaccessible (e.g. are the objects losing liveness, check reported reason in UI etc.).
If this doesn't work then you need to determine why e.g. cluster is not formed, membership is flapping, insufficient number of nodes have Disk-Groups etc. .

0 Kudos
toffaha1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@TheBobkin 

Any particular reason for doing this? just to get rid of the issue 🙂 
I assume you are completely aware that this completely removed any data that was stored on vsanDatastore? yes, I know as it's still greenfield deployment.

even after removing the vSAN disk partitions from all nodes still cannot run VM Creation test 

disable DRS, disbale HA, Turnoff vSAN then remove all disk partitions then reconfigure vSAN

toffaha1_0-1672212063175.png

Best Regards,
Muhammad Toffaha
Technical Consultant
0 Kudos
toffaha1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@TheBobkin 

I fixed the issue by completely shutdown the vSAN cluster and restart it again from vSAN services tab
weird but fixed 🙂 

Best Regards,
Muhammad Toffaha
Technical Consultant
0 Kudos