VMware Cloud Community
Smugsy
Contributor
Contributor

vSAN Skyline Health problems "Unable to query vSAN health information. Check vSphere Client logs for details."

When checking the "Monitor>vSAN>Skyline Health" option, I'm getting this error: "Unable to query vSAN health information. Check vSphere Client logs for details."

I'm running VCSA 7.0.0.10300 and everything worked decently fine up until recently.
This error seemingly happened after I rebooted VCSA, and has now left me unable to access all my vSAN monitoring tools. I've tried looking into the logs but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Restarting the vmware-vsan-health and vmware-analytics services didn't seem to fix the issue either, and rebooting VCSA leaves me with the same error.

I've been told it has something to do with a "certificate issue (thumbprint mismatch)", but I need a "special script"(?) to fix it. Does anyone happen to have a possible solution?

Thank you.

2020-06-17 17_43_14-Window.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello Smugsy​,

Welcome to Communities.

Is this a fresh install of vSphere 7.0 or upgraded from previous versions?

Can you confirm if other vSAN-related aspects in the UI are impacted?(e.g. Cluster > Configure > vSAN > Disk Management & Cluster > Monitor > Capacity)

There are 2 main potential issues that could be the cause:

- One relating to SSL trust anchors with some good info posted here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/e4w74j/vsphere_67_u3a_vsan_html5_failed_to_extract/

- Another due to mis-conversion of character case in a required string (I cannot recall off the top of my head what the string was used for but similar issue could occur as a result).

I would start with checking the SSL aspect first, but either way I would advise opening a case with vSAN GSS as there are other potential causes.

Bob

0 Kudos
Smugsy
Contributor
Contributor

This is a fresh install of the available evaluation version of vCenter 7 together with four vSphere 7 hosts that has joined the SSO domain, which are all in the same cluster right now.

Yes, every part of vSAN is currently affected by this issue. I cannot do any vSAN configuration or monitoring via the vCenter webgui.

I will look into the SSL issues and hopefully return with some luck

2020-06-17 22_22_42-Window.png

0 Kudos
Smugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Having tried to understand on how to run this script via PowerShell ISE and failing to do so after connecting to my vCenter, I'm now not sure how to proceed with this step. This IS possible on this current version of vCenter 7, right? You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on this matter, I've only recently started messing with VMware as part of a lab.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos