VMware Cloud Community
niljersweden
Contributor
Contributor

vSAN File Service fails to enable

Hi,

Is there another approach on how to re enable (reset) vsan file service?

Stuck on this:: http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2020/04/16/vsan-fs-existing-domain-information-has-been-pre-populated-b...

This does fail with the following "General vSAN error" (Cluster reconfiguration failed due to unexpected error)

Cheers,

//Jerry

0 Kudos
7 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

can you provide a screenshot? and some more details around what you had configured before, what the configuration looks like etc.

0 Kudos
niljersweden
Contributor
Contributor

I have had NFS configured successfully and tried to get AD to be configured with no luck.

This is how it looks when I try to enable it again before the "General vSAN error" (Cluster reconfiguration failed due to unexpected error)

I have deleted the temp vds portgroup I used for this if that has something to do with it?

I can not exactly remember the portgroup name I used!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

It will try to reconnect to the same portgroup unfortunately as far as I know, and that is why this fails. Do you have an active support subscription on this environment?

0 Kudos
niljersweden
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we have an active support subscription!

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

Probably drop a call to support to help get this fixed, as there is a way to clean the configuration, but I am not sure I can share that here.

0 Kudos
niljersweden
Contributor
Contributor

Thx for the quick help Duncan:)

0 Kudos
Tru5t0818
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have the same problem as you. I've submitted support help to VMware, but I haven't recovered the operation method yet. Can you share how you solved it? Thank you

shaoshichao@bjhuaguan.cn

From translation

0 Kudos