VMware Cloud Community
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSAN 6.7 Config missing from Web Client

Installing a new vSAN on new hosts using vSphere 6.7.

Can access vSAN config and monitoring using HTML5 client but none of it exists in the old Web Client.

Each host is saying the vSAN is running fine as well as the HTML5 client.

I've made sure all hosts and appliances are time synced to the same NTP server.

I can't seem to find any way for vSAN to show up in the web client. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kwilliamson
Contributor
Contributor

Did you enable CEIP?

0 Kudos
RickVerstegen
Expert
Expert

Please check again in the (external) PSC and vCenter admin page the timezone and reboot these afterwards.

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Blog: https://rickverstegen84.wordpress.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/verstegenrick
0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello mibarret​,

Just to clarify what you are seeing: The vSAN tab on the cluster inventory Object is not present?

Are you logging into both clients with the same user credentials?

Both vCenter and all hosts are on 6.7?

Check what services are running (and/or not running) on the vCSA via SSH e.g. # service-control --status --all

Bob

0 Kudos
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes - I am joined to CEIP

Yes - NTP sync and timezones all the same (rebooted anyways, no difference)

Yes - The vSAN tab on the cluster inventory Object is not present in the Web Client along with no vSAN under Monitor Tab (does show in HTML5)

Using same account for both Web Client and HTML5

vCenter, PSC and Hosts all at 6.7 (this is a new install)

SERVICES:

Stopped:

vmcam vmonapi vmware-cm vmware-imagebuilder vmware-mbcs vmware-netdumper vmware-rbd-watchdog vmware-sca vmware-vcha vsan-dps

Running:

applmgmt lwsmd vmafdd vmware-analytics vmware-content-library vmware-eam vmware-perfcharts vmware-pod vmware-postgres-archiver vmware-rhttpproxy vmware-sps vmware-statsmonitor vmware-updatemgr vmware-vapi-endpoint vmware-vmon vmware-vpostgres vmware-vpxd vmware-vpxd-svcs vmware-vsan-health vmware-vsm vsphere-client vsphere-ui

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello mibarret​,

And what do you see under Licensed features and Product at: Cluster > Configure > Configuration > Licensing ?

If licensing for vSAN look good then try restarting PSC and vCenter as others advised.

If still the same then start looking into the logs and/or open an SR.

Bob

0 Kudos
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Licensing looks good under HTML5 but here's the strange thing, no licensing under web client... See below.

HTML5 Client

Capture1.PNG

Web Client

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello mibarret​,

Well there is the likely reason so - no licensing identified means no vSAN cluster

I am not aware of any difference in how HTML5 Client connects to the Licensing service vs Flash Client but potentially it varies.

Check the status of the licensing service on your PSC and restart it if stopped:

# service-control --status --all

Have you tried restarting the PSC and vCSA (in that order) already?

Bob

0 Kudos
pascalsaul
Contributor
Contributor

You've a 60 day evaluation license so that isn't the problem. Licensing between the Flash and HTML5 is the same here.

To be honest I've exactly the same problem and thought it was me... In the Flash client I can configure VSAN but can't also in the HTML5 client.  I guess there is a nice bug introduced...

In the meantime I was started doing it with the powercli since the automatic mode is meshing up my disk groups and through the GUI I can't locate the physical disks in a easy way.

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello pascalsaul​,

"You've a 60 day evaluation license so that isn't the problem."

This doesn't matter if no licensing whatsoever is appearing (which OP has validated is the case) - plus a lot of people have these used long ago.

"To be honest I've exactly the same problem and thought it was me..."

I wouldn't go assuming you have "exactly" the same as anything, especially when clearly there are differences in each situation here - perhaps doing some troubleshooting and further analysis will get some clarification here.

What have support said regarding this?(assuming you opened a case).

What error messages and/or at what stage of configuring vSAN are you seeing issues here?

Bob

0 Kudos