VMware Cloud Community
mthiha207au
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"Maintenance Mode" using C# , Fat client

Hi All,

I understand there are 3 options to select when putting host into MM using Webclient . Like many others, I still use C# client for daily tasks.

What option does it choose when putting host into MM using C# client? Is it default option "Ensure accessibility"?

Many Thanks!

Max

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Max,

Yes, it uses 'Ensure Accessibility' when entering Maintenance Mode from the C# client (or via CLI with no mode option specified).

As an aside: if doing a lot of tasks using C# I would advise periodically checking that Storage Policies are being properly applied to everything, especially with regard to unintended Thick Objects.

Bob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Max,

Yes, it uses 'Ensure Accessibility' when entering Maintenance Mode from the C# client (or via CLI with no mode option specified).

As an aside: if doing a lot of tasks using C# I would advise periodically checking that Storage Policies are being properly applied to everything, especially with regard to unintended Thick Objects.

Bob

depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please move to the WebClient (or H5 client in the near future). vSAN functionality is not exposed in the C# client and things like "thick" provisioning will definitely impact the expected behaviour.