I am new to VSAN and need your help for deployment of vsan cluster.
what is the min required host for VSAN cluster in fail-over scenario.
I have 1 SSD drive and 12 SAS drive on all host,where should i installed my ESXi host.
ON SSD drive or on SAS drive.
is ther any raid recommendation.
1. Install the ESXi host on one SAS drive.
2. You can create diskgroup using SSD and MDs , each disk group should have one SSD and max upto 7 HDD (total 8 devices).
3. Recommended to have 3 or more host in the cluster.
4. Do not create RAID at hardware level, let it be passthru.
5. At the VSAN level you can create a policy of FTT =1 , which has one mirror component for each object. So that one host failure can be tolerated. If you have more hosts in the cluster, you may increase the FTT value to have more copies for redundancy.
As per VMware below are the recommended , however requirement are simple,request you go through the VMware VSAN Hardware requirement guide for VSAN,
Also go through pdf document on the same on VMware website.