VMware Cloud Community
SebastianGrugel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Which VSAN objects are on which host ? if VMs objects have correct VSAN policy....

I need to check if in cluster we have some VM which has some for example Hard Disk with only 1 copy.

i see we dont have assigned any Storage policy to Hard Disks then by default should be FTT=1 ? yes

I need this because we have last issue with VM where one Hard Disk was only 1 copy on host which was alert:

"Virtual SAN device is under permanent error" in consequence 3 of 4 disk groups was unmounted and object was innacessible.

VM dont started because object was inaccessible.

After host reboot unfortunatelly object dont back to cluster and in consequence we restored VM from backup.( thas was the fastest way)

We opened SR in Vmware but engineer dont recovered this object. Now we still trying check what was hapenning...

I would like try find some VM with incorrect policy for some Hard Disks to prevent similar situation in future.

I belive we can check this somehow by RVC or some other tool ? or command ?

Screenshot_8.png

vExpert VSAN/NSX/CLOUD | VCAP5-DCA | VCP6-DCV/CMA/NV ==> akademiadatacenter.pl
0 Kudos
1 Reply
depping
Leadership
Leadership

here is an example of how to inspect objects: http://cormachogan.com/2014/01/07/vsan-part-13-examining-the-vswp-object/ Note that there also will be powercli options coming very soon, this is something that was shown at VMworld, which is probably easier than RVC to be honest.

0 Kudos