VMware Cloud Community
thuso607
Contributor
Contributor

Warning: No data will be moved. Objects will become non-compliant with storage policy

Good day,

I have a 3 hosts vSAN cluster with HA and DRS activated. my VM disks are stored in the vSAN storage and show that they are compliant to the vSAN Default storage policy. However, when I take 1 host to maintenance mode it shows the warning that No data will be moved to other hosts due to VM objects not being compliant with the vSAN Default storage policy. Please assist in fixing this issue. (see attached picture)

3 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

There is nothing to 'fix' here as this is completely expected behaviour - in a 3-node cluster, data Objects are stored as 3 components distributed across 3 hosts (data+data+witness).

Thus putting any one node in MM results in the components stored there becoming unavailable and thus the Objects being in reduced availability state with no rebuild.

Take the host out of MM and resync the data to 'fix' the issue.

Bob

thuso607
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response Bob.

Also, is it a normal behavior that I get the following alerts on the Cluster after this operation? (MM)

vSAN health alarm 'Stats DB object'AcknowledgeReset To Green

vSAN health alarm 'vSAN object health'AcknowledgeReset To Green

Regards

Thuso

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Yes as the alarms are informing that the data Object states changed from compliant to reduced availability.

Bob

0 Kudos