VMware Cloud Community
christianmaran1
Contributor
Contributor

Vsan Storage provider not Registred

We have a PoC with 3 Esxi host, we have install Esxi 5.5u2, the Vcenter is the last version of Appliance release.

After the configuration of all requirments, ad for do this we have respect the Vsan PoC Guide, the automatical registration of vsan storage provider not works.

I have do the manual but only for the Master Host this is end correctly.

Anyone cal help us?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
kamruddin
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried all the way in last  month to resolve this issue and at last my problem solved today. Smiley Happy
I have tried with 4 ESXi host and windows 2012 R2 for vCenter VM OS.

First I tried with vsphere 5.5 u2 (RSXi hypervisor) and vcenter server 5.5 (windows); when the problem continues I upgraded to vsphere 6.0 and vcenter 6.0. But the problem still continues. Then I upgraded VSAN on-disk format from v1 (VSAN 5.5) to v2 (VSAN 6.0). Then it is solved.

Follow the link to change VSAN on-disk format - VMware KB: Upgrading the VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) on-disk format version from 1 to 2.

N.B: Some people says that the problem is for vcenter OS version -Windows 2012 R2. They suggest that to use windows 2012 server instead of windows 2012 R2 server . But my findings is that , windows 2012 R2 is not a problem if you upgrader your ESXi, vcenter and VSAN to 6.0 version.

0 Kudos