VMware Cloud Community
Darking
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vsan 6.7 U1 Capacity Overview, Deduplication

Hi All.

We are running 6.7 U1 vsan, and under the used capacity breakdown i see 15% Storage (about 20TB) categorized as "Space under deduplication consideration"

What exactly is this?

Ive tried googling it ofcause, but i have not really seen any indication to what kind of data really is put there.

It seems to be fairly consistent, and does not change over time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Darking
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

According to support it is s known display bug That Will be fixed in 6.7 u3 release

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

What is the total capacity?

can you review this article?

VMware vSAN 6.7 Update 1 Release Notes

0 Kudos
Darking
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello.

our total capacity is around 174TB.

ive looked through the article but i didnt really find anything relevant i mightve missed it tho

0 Kudos
Darking
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After monitoring it a bit further, i have a suspicion that it might somehow be related to Veeam backups.

I am not sure exactly how Tho.

what I did notice was, is that when a snapshot is created and mounted on a backup proxy, the amount of storage in the category would grow from 19tb to around 29tb.

what is left to understand is why it never goes below 19tb, even when no backups are running.

0 Kudos
Darking
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

According to support it is s known display bug That Will be fixed in 6.7 u3 release

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos