VMware Cloud Community
Peymansh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Very serious problems after vsan update(8.0.2 build 22380479) help me please

After updating esxi to 8.0.2  (hp g9 cluster with 5 host  ) 2 host down and some vm inaccessible (lost my file)

I put the log and pic erro here 

any body can help me (apologize for my english)

PSOD.png

Untitled3333.pngUntitled22222.png

Untitled444.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peymansh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem has nothing to do with the hardware. In general, the power went out once and when we turned on the servers, this was the problem and it has not been solved until now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What did VMware Support say?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Peymansh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

They cannot solve the problem themselves
0 Kudos
Peymansh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

please help me

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hello,

Sorry if I allow myself to intervene, but before updating to version 8.0U2 you made sure that the context of your infrastructure was in some way supported / supportable, especially when things like vSAN are at play.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
Peymansh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but it has happened and now I don't know how to solve this problem, please give me a solution

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

@Peymansh, Why are you using a consumer-grade device (Samsung 980 Pro) that is not on the vSAN HCL (for any vSAN usage type) as cache-tier device here?

This is beyond unsupported, you are potentially looking at data-loss here.

You should replace all unsupported devices here with devices that will actually be expected to work for the intended purpose here and restore any lost data from backup.

0 Kudos
Peymansh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem has nothing to do with the hardware. In general, the power went out once and when we turned on the servers, this was the problem and it has not been solved until now.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

@Peymansh wrote:

It could have everything to do with the hardware, the 980 Pro doesn't have power loss protection, which means that if power goes out you can end up in a weird state. I think the best way forward now is to recover from a backup! Assuming you have a backup?

0 Kudos