VMware Cloud Community
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VSan 6.2 All Flash - Read Cache Reservation failed

Hi,

We are in a P.O.C with VMware VSan 6 ans VMware Horizon 7. Configuration of VSan by default (FT=1, Read Cache Reservation=0%, etc) from what I have read, Read Cache Reservation should be keeped to 0% with an All Flash scenario. However, VSan Health reported issue ... See pictures.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 4.29.09 PM.png

Any advices for me ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

normally this means you still have a reservation set on some of the components, maybe you already deployed desktops before setting the new policy? if that is the case apply the new policy to the existing VMs and click "retest".

0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The VSan policy has been created from the beginning. It,s a brand new cluster. I have created 2 VMs "AFTER" the VSan has been installed for VMware Horizon. By connection server and an Windows 10 golden image. Actually I used the VSan policy by default created by the system for every vm that I need to create.

I have also verify for fun the 2 vms policy are assigned correctly and both of them used the right VSan by default policy. However VMware Horizon 7 with Instant Clone have created 3 others Storage Policy and the one called "REPLICA_DISK_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" has a 10% flash read cache reservation. What I should do here ? The problem seem to came from of these policy where I have 0 control during his creation by VMware Horizon.

Need your advice

0 Kudos
EChampagne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok i'm not the only one! It's something already know but not fixed by VMware.

Horizon View 7 on VSAN - Policies Revisited - CormacHogan.com

0 Kudos