VMware Cloud Community
Mattmans1
Contributor
Contributor

VSAN settings not showing up under cluster - can you help *- Vsphere 7

Hello All,

I have a 3 host ESXI7 cluster managed by Centrer7.  I have created a cluster for the DC with my 3 hosts, enabled HA and DRS and VSAN in the cluster setup.  The HA and Vmotion is working but i cant find out where to configure the VSAN settings!?

When i go to  DCcluster > Configure - i see SVAN licensing but no SVAN settings such as diskmanagement..nothing.

My cluster is displaying this message "vSAN datastore vsanDatastore in cluster Cluster-DC1 in datacenter DC1 does not have capacity"  When i created the DCcluster the system created a datastore called "VsanDatastore" but has 0 capacity.  How do i configure Vsan and why cant i see the Vsan settings under the cluster configure tab?  Any ideas?

thankyou!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

This is what it is supposed to look like. You should also see a vSAN Section under Monitoring. First I would suggest looking at the Network. Do you have VMkernel interfaces enabled with vSAN on every host? Then you will need to check if Disks have been claimed for vSAN under Disk Management.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 08.22.38.png

0 Kudos
CyberNils
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi, could this be as simple as a failed vSAN HTML5 plugin?

Can you try another browser?

Also check this out:

https://www.vcdx.nl/missing-vsan-menu-options-in-html5-webclient-vmware-vcenter-due-missing-plugin/

Nils Kristiansen
https://cybernils.net/
0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

@Mattmans1,was this a new install on vCSA and ESXi 7.0 or an upgrade from a previous version?

Is this a homelab on nested VMs or physical servers?

You should start by validating that the vmware-vsan-health service (which all the vSAN UI tabs rely on) is running on the vCSA via SSH:

# service-control --status --all

0 Kudos
paymanzox1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  @Mattmans1 

My suggestion is check your vCSA time zone and then if it was not correct ,modify and reset vCSA .that is worked for me 

good luck

0 Kudos