VMware Cloud Community
peeryog
Contributor
Contributor

VSAN license error

I am trying to add assign a license to VSAN but immediately receive "the following serial keys are invalid". I cannot find much information on this error except where it applies to NSX (which we don't have).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Discussion moved to VMware vSAN Discussions

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

@peeryog, I have never seen this with vSAN other than when the license keys are indeed not valid. Do you have another vCenter that you can check whether you get the same result? If so and you do get a different result then there could be an issue with the vCenter/PSC and/or how you are accessing it.
I would advise contacting our licensing team to check the licenses, if there is a problem with them then when they should be valid then they may be able to help.

0 Kudos
peeryog
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Sadly I do not have another vCenter. However all the other licenses I was able to assign quite happily, just not this vSAN one. I did confirm (many times) that I got the license number correctly from MyVMWare account . Thanks, I have opened a support call.

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

You could launch a HOL lab and check from there - I have plugged some licenses in there for tests before and am fairly sure I got invalid with typos etc. .

0 Kudos