VMware Cloud Community
tropix
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VSAN Volume is empty!

Hi all!

Two days ago rained cats and dogs here and we had 4 energy outages in a row.

To make a long story short, I'm trying to access vsan volume (vsanDatastore) through vCenter Web Client but it is empty and all VMs are inaccessible at this moment.

VSAN cluster has 4 vSphere 5.5u2 servers and they are managed by a 5.5u2 vCenter Server.

All hosts can access (physically) SSD and HDD disks.

We tried a lot of workarounds, but the datastore still empty, for example we tried to disable and re-enable VSAN cluster, but without effect.

Our last chance is creating a new vCenter Server, same version, and joining the hosts to this new VSAN Cluster.

Any ideas?

Best,

Eduardo.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
2 Replies
joergriether
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

if this was a testlab i´d suggest to reboot all hosts the vsan cluster consists of, since all vms are down anyway.

Since this seems to be a production infrastructure i´d highly suggest to contact vmware support immediately. Let it checked out by vmware. There are many reasons which could cause your behavior. To be 100% sure to not do something wrong and to protect your data, please open a case with vmware.

Best,

Joerg