VMware Cloud Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Stats persistence Failed

Hi,

upgraded 1 host to 6.7U2 and started to see this error in vSAN health check.

vSAN disks look healthy from disk management and no other error in vSAN Health check, any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello andvm​,

Did you upgrade your vCenter to 6.7 U2 before starting updating hosts? Managing 6.7 U2 hosts with a lower vCenter build is unsupported and can cause issues:

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

Step 1 would be to restart vsanmgmtd on all nodes, if that doesn't resolve the issue then (provided you don't mind losing historical performance data) I would consider disabling and re-enabling the performance service which also creates a new stats Object. If the issue is still present and/or you are using custom certs then it is likely an authentication issue with vsanmgmtd - this can be validated by disabling this authentication and if it works without this then you need to go fix your certs (or leave this authentication disabled but you should really fix your certs as it can cause other complications):

VMware Knowledge Base

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello andvm​,

Did you upgrade your vCenter to 6.7 U2 before starting updating hosts? Managing 6.7 U2 hosts with a lower vCenter build is unsupported and can cause issues:

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

Step 1 would be to restart vsanmgmtd on all nodes, if that doesn't resolve the issue then (provided you don't mind losing historical performance data) I would consider disabling and re-enabling the performance service which also creates a new stats Object. If the issue is still present and/or you are using custom certs then it is likely an authentication issue with vsanmgmtd - this can be validated by disabling this authentication and if it works without this then you need to go fix your certs (or leave this authentication disabled but you should really fix your certs as it can cause other complications):

VMware Knowledge Base

Bob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

yes VCSA upgraded prior upgrading ESXi

• I will proceed to restart vsanmgmtd on all nodes in the cluster (/etc/init.d/vsanmgmtd restart)
  • If not I will disable and re-enable the performance service at the cluster level.

Am not using Custom certs so as long as the above steps can be done anytime without impact I will proceed.

FYI - rest of the hosts in the cluster are on 6.0U2 but I do not think that matters as upgrade to 6.7U2 is supported.

0 Kudos