VMware Cloud Community
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

QLogic Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet for VSAN

Hi All,

I have a confusion on this NIC "QLogic Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet"

We recently purchased the 10 NICs(2 port NIC) from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Broadcom-BCM57810S-Controller-Interface/dp/B06X9T683K?th=1

pastedImage_0.png

Im currently validating the hardware requirements.This is for VSAN preprod setup with AF

My server is PE DELL R430-->Its compatible for VSAN

DELL HBA 330 mini---> Its compatible for VSAN

QLogic Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet for VSAN--->When I check the NIC compatibility using general IO devices search(using DID,SVID,SSID,VID),I see only DELL branded NICs shown below using the same ID's(DID,SVID,SSID,VID).I dont see any related to Qlogic NIC here with those 4 ID's.

I have a confusion whether the above NIC supports 6.7 U3 or not? Please clarify.

VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search

pastedImage_10.pngpastedImage_11.png

Thanks,

ManivelRR

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello Manivel,

Firstly, this question should be in the vSphere sub-Community as it is not related to vSAN.

I am not sure where your confusion here over whether this model of NIC is supported as with those ID numbers the HCL clearly says that it is

'57810' NICs are ubiquitous and are sold by a number of vendor who don't actually make them, they are just rebranded QLogic devices all of which are supported on ESXi 6.7 U3:

Bob

0 Kudos
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for the clarification Bob.

I used to verify with the 4 below ID's  in the respective field and havn't got the correct  Qlogic model.Thats the confusion.

VID 14e4

DID 168e

SVID 14e4

SSID 1006

From your link,i noticed that you have selected the zeroes in the last 2 fields and got the correct ones.Thanks much for the clarification.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

ManivelRR

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

"From your link,i noticed that you have selected the zeroes in the last 2 fields and got the correct ones."

So, I was merely demonstrating that if you search for devices with that Vendor ID and Device ID and keyword '57810' that you see there are a plethora of these devices on the HCL - these are all the same cards, from the IDs you provided yours appears to be a Dell rebranded device and thus you should use the driver and (minimum) firmware as per the HCL listing you initially linked:

If you want further information or details then I would advise contacting Dell as these are Dell servers (and thus you will be patching them with Dell custom images and firmware packages) and these appear to be Dell rebranded devices.

Bob

0 Kudos
ManivelR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks Bob again.

But actually from dell idrac, it is showing as qlogic(as vendor)like esxi command line. But the given 4 ids shows that the card is related to dell branded cards(from VMware compatibility matrix).

I will check with Vendor for firmware and drivers.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos