VMware Cloud Community
motorad
Contributor
Contributor

PERC H730p/LSI 3108/invader support

Hello, would anybody in the community have a config with a PERC H730p/LSI 3108/invader chipset (firmware 25.2.1.0037) that is tested and proven with VSAN v1 (ESXi 5.5 build 2143827)? We are working with a platform based on the above with Dell R730s and are having stability problems involving PSOD and drives intermittently marked with permanent failures. We have utilized drivers from the inbox mr3 to the most recent available PERC9 6.901.55.00.1 and a couple LSI megaraid/mr3 variants in between with seemingly similar results. 

Understandably, this configuration is currently not on the HCL. We do have an active support case open with VMware. 

Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ezequielcarson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are using LSI 3108, configured in RAID0 and we have mix feelings about this.

One of the hosts is working really really bad, disk suddenly apprears offline and we have to reboot the server in order to put it back online.

Other hosts haver a normal behavior and everything is working fine.

I dindt have any psod or black screen.

We changed the mr3 driver to the megaraid in order to get the storecli working.

HTH

0 Kudos
motorad
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the multiple threads, all. this was originally posted via the developer forum and I received a message stating the tread was deleted. I didn't realize the posts were appearing here. Can be deleted or combined with the other 2 similar threads.

0 Kudos