VMware Cloud Community
tearnbite
Contributor
Contributor

Hardware compatibility warning on Intel Sunrise Point-H AHCI Controller: HELP PLEASE

Hello everyone,

I have been pulling my hair out to get my vsan health green with this AHCI controller compatibility. I'm using two Supermicro 5019S-MR 1U servers updated to the latest bios, I have also tried to disable the native AHCI driver and let it use the SATA AHCI with the correct version that is compatible with the VSAN list but it still gives me the warning. I am hoping someone can see something I don't. I have inputed the screen shots below. ANY guidance on this issue is greatly appreciated!vsan.pngvsan2.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

Good afternoon, apologies, but it is not clear to me from the pictures what specific controller you're using.  Also, what version of vSAN?  Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
elerium
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What raid controller are you using for your VSAN? I don't think AHCI anything is part of the VSAN HCL (this is different than VMWare HCL so don't confuse the two). Every controller that's on VSAN HCL i believe is some SAS-RAID or SAS/SATA-RAID type controller.

You can try out AHCI for VSAN labs or to play with the product, but you'll be looking at a world of hurt trying to get any kind of performance out of that for production use.

0 Kudos
tearnbite
Contributor
Contributor

Argh! sorry everyone!

You are right, it was because I did not have a raid controller.... I feel dumb. Sorry! Thank you for responding!

0 Kudos