VMware Cloud Community
robg2312
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESX upgrade VSAN issue

Hi,

We have a cluster with 4 hosts running ESX5.5 u2 inside VCSA 6.0 update2.

We are trying to upgrade all our hosts to ESX 6.0 u2. We used the vSphere Update Manager to one of the hosts to 6.0 u2. Before the upgrade I put the host into maintenance mode with Full Data Migration.

Before the upgrade our vSan 5.5 was showing 24TB capacity and 14TB free.

After the first host was upgraded to ESX6.0 u2 the vSAN cluster is not registering correctly in vCenter. It is showing 2026PB total capacity with 0B free.

I can deploy machines to the host with no issue but I cannot put another host into maintenance mode. Error message reads:

"Failed to enter maintenance mode in the current VSAN data migration mode due to insufficient nodes or disks in the cluster. Retry operation in another mode or after adding more resources to the cluster.

General Virtual SAN error."

We have connected using RVC and checked the vSAN health and resync status. All registers OK with no errors or problems.

Any idea's what may be causing the vSAN to register incorrectly in vCenter and prevent another host from entering maintenance mode?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
zdickinson
Expert
Expert

Good morning, sounds like a support call.  But...  Are the VASA providers registered?  Heads Up! VASA Storage Providers disconnected - VSAN Capabilities Missing - CormacHogan.com Thank you, Zach.

0 Kudos
robg2312
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes the VASA providers are registered.

0 Kudos
randomer01
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue, currently on 6U1 and trying to evict hosts (full and ensure accessibility) but after hovering at 68% it then fails citing the same error - did you ever reach a solution for this?

0 Kudos