VMware Cloud Community
AhmadJamilHasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Deploying vSAN 6.6.1 witness appliance on workstation 14 for 2-Node Direct connect

Greetings,

I am just wondering if anyone here have done it and how'd it go. I am trying to deploy and import the witness appliance ova however the password I have entered during the import process is not working when I tried to login through the console of the witness. noting that importing VCSA in workstation 14 becomes an easy task without any need to touch the vmx file. but why this does not applied on witness , in addition and in the case that i am going to tag witness traffic over management network then which vmk on witness I should configure to reach the 2-node direct connect hosts

Many thanks,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AhmadJamilHasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I followed the instructions mentioned in this blog https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2015/09/how-to-deploy-and-run-the-vsan-6-1-witness-virtual-appliance... from virtuallyghetto blog for William lam and the appliance now is up and running.

in this blog, William lam stated that he plans to share this feedback internally with Engineering and hopefully deploying VSAN Witness in the future can be much more easier when it comes to running it on VMware Fusion and Workstation.

I am not sure if this is the only way to deploy vSAN witness on VMware workstation or I have done something wrong so the direct approach by only importing the ova didn't work properly.

0 Kudos