VMware Cloud Community
Evan55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dell HBA330 HCL - Health Check Driver Error

Hi All - I have a warning on my Health Check that references a Controller Driver compatibility error

I believe the error to be wrong as I am running the fully certified driver downloaded directly from the HCL link on VMware website, see below

I suspect that its just not updated on the Health Check yet. I am running the latest version of the HCL Database downloaded via vCenter

Does anyone know when this Heath Check Database might be updated as I hate seeing warning errors on my vSAN?

Some further info:

Dell HBA330

Dell R740xd - 6 nodes

ESXI 6.7 U1 with all patches applied.

I have confirmed the VID , DID , SVID , SSID are correct for my HBA

pastedImage_0.png

You will see it still recommends the older driver as the driver to use but obvious I would prefer to use the most recent HCL compliant driver.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marmotte94
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Perhaps your Firmware version on your HBA card.

Thank you,

Please, visit my blog http://www.purplescreen.eu/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marmotte94
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Perhaps your Firmware version on your HBA card.

Thank you,

Please, visit my blog http://www.purplescreen.eu/
0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Evan55​,

It is referencing lsi_msgpt3 16.00.01.00-3vmw.670 as recommended driver so likely you are still using Firmware version 15.17.x.x - if you want to use lsi_msgpt3 17.00.01.00-1OEM.670 then update the firmware to the matching version (16.17.00.03). If you are using firmware version 16.17.00.03 please open an support request with us at GSS to have a further look.

Bob

Evan55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you both, and apologies for the slow response. Hope you had a great New Years festive period.

It seems Dell updated their drivers page the day after I posted this thread.

pastedImage_0.png

I updated my vSAN with this firmware and all is now good. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos