VMware Cloud Community
BiswarajPattan
Contributor
Contributor

Can not create VM inside vSAN Daatastore

Hello Experts,

i am not able to create new vm inside vSAN datastore. Getting errro" Can not complete file creation operation. Operation Failed. Please find the below setup

host1 - VMware ESXi 6.7U3

Disk 1- 50 GB for ESXi 6.7 installation

Disk 2- 20 GB Capacity

Disk 3 -5 GB for cache

Host 2 disk 1 -30 GB for ESXi 6.7 installation

disk 2 - 20 GB capacity disk 3 5GB for cache

Host 3- disk 1 -30 GB for ESXi 6.7 installation disk 2 20 GB Capacity and 5GB cache

Each ESxi host VMkernel adapter has created. Please find the attached screen shots and suggest.

i am eagerly waiting for your solution

Thanks

Biswaraj

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

@BiswarajPattan, this looks to be duplicate question of https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-vSAN-Discussions/vSAN-datastore/m-p/2942028#M14691
which you appear to have marked as answered (e.g. fixed), as you appear to still be having the same issues you should unmark that as answered, delete this duplicate question and resume on the original thread.

It is very likely your cluster still has a node partitioned - the screenshots you shared fluctuated between vsanDatastore being ~20TB and ~40TB indicating you still have a node isolated (assuming they have ~20TB local storage each).
I already informed on where you should start with checking this:
Cluster > Monitor > vSAN > Skyline Health

Note in the other thread folks are telling you to check vmkping betweeen the nodes but the commands provided are not entirely sufficient e.g. they don't account for whether you have an MTU issue here or not (e.g. using '1472 -d' (1500 MTU) or '8972 -d' (9000 MTU)).

0 Kudos
BiswarajPattan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi TheBobkin,

Thank you for the response . I have unmarked that as answered, as the issue not yet solved. Sure I will delete the duplicate  question and resume on the original thread. Thanks again.

0 Kudos