VMware Cloud Community
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All data disappear

Hi All

I use 3 PC workstation for testing VSAN all 3 pc are C2D/8GB RAM/one OS Driver+One SSD+one Data Drive

then I configure a vSAN to them ..they seem work fine about one month

Yesterday, I deploy a view link-clone VM to VSAN , it show a error message, and I check 2/3 node show error message, then I reboot 2 PC. After reboot ,VSAN seem work fine, but my old data still disappear....whether I has some procedure to save my data ??

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All

I try to reboot All nodes....they seem work fine and could show my old data (VM).

I want to ask if  VSAN has some issue occur, I must reboot All nodes or which command or procedure I could use (Because All nodes maybe have other local VM running)

thanks!!

wyld

0 Kudos
ramakrishnak
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your old data should not disappear, after the host reboots and back online. There were few issues regarding this which were addressed in Update release

It appears like you are using unsupported(VSAN) ESXi GA build (build type=Release) for vSphere 2013. please use update release (eg: ESX 5.5 U1 (release) ver 1623387.

Vsan is supported from 5.5 Update release and above

Thanks,

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI

I use ESXi 5.5.0 Version 1331820 and both 3 nodes server use the same version.

And Could I ask if we have some command could restart VSAN Server instead of reboot all nodes ?

Because reboot server will also stop other VM which were place on local Disk which with OS Partition

thanks!!

wyld

0 Kudos
joergriether
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You are running VSAN BETA code (55 is VSAN Beta, starting with 55U1 VSAN is GA) - thus it will be difficult to reproduce (a) and either to troubleshoot at vmware (b). And me, i also don´t have any beta VSAN in my lab any more. So i´d like to encourage you to upgrade your testlab.

Best regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI

Thanks!!! I will try to upgrade to recheck again.

wyld

0 Kudos
joergriether
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

OK - please note - after upgrade from 55 to 55U1 you have to re-create your whole VSAN. There is no direct upgrade path from 55 to 55U1 when it comes to VSAN. Thus you have to evacuate VMs to another storage before upgrading the ESXi host machines.

0 Kudos