VMware Cloud Community
Zaib_Khan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Add Additional Capacity Drives in VSAN

Dear All,

I have setup three node VSAN Cluster with space up to 7 TB. Now i want to increase the size of my VSAN Cluster from 7 TB to 10 TB. For this i have procured three HDDs of 1 TB and will separately install HDD in threee different Esxi nodes on VSAN Cluster.

Now i want to know the detailed and recommended step by step procedure of how to expand the size of VSAN Cluster with the help of additional three capacity HDDs of three nodes without any Downtime or less downtime.

Waiting for the experts response.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Zaib,

It is just a case of adding the disks to the existing Disk-Groups:

Add Devices to the Disk Group

Whether hosts need maintenance window to add the drives to the chassis depends if your controller and config support hot-add. Either way though, shouldn't need downtime for VMs - just do one host at a time using Maintenance Mode 'Ensure Accessibility' option.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello Zaib,

It is just a case of adding the disks to the existing Disk-Groups:

Add Devices to the Disk Group

Whether hosts need maintenance window to add the drives to the chassis depends if your controller and config support hot-add. Either way though, shouldn't need downtime for VMs - just do one host at a time using Maintenance Mode 'Ensure Accessibility' option.

Bob

0 Kudos
Zaib_Khan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Bob,

Yes it is just the case of adding additional disk in disk groups. Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos