VMware Cloud Community
vNerdyNate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vROPS8 deployed in vRLCM8 fails on hostname check

No matter what I do I always get stuck on deploying vROPS8 at the hostname Check. DNS is good, Validations outside of the appliance are good. However, the Binaries set bring up the regular VROPS install which need you to login to the /admin and setup outside of lifecycle manager. When this happens the Hostname has not been inputted yet, and only the IP has been updated. Here is the errors and pics for reference:

com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.common.exception.vcenter.VMWithNameIPAndHostNameNotFoundException: Exception occured while validating the Hostname and IP of vm : NERDY-VROPS8 of product : vrops. Failed to find a VA with name : 'NERDY-VROPS8', ip : '192.168.1.111', hostname : 'NERDY-VROPS8.nerdy.io'.

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.drivers.vsphere65.vlsi.utils.CoreUtility.checkHostNameAndIPStatusWithWaitTimeRetryCount(CoreUtility.java:1289)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vsphere.tasks.HostnameIpStatusCheckTask.execute(HostnameIpStatusCheckTask.java:140)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vsphere.tasks.HostnameIpStatusCheckTask.retry(HostnameIpStatusCheckTask.java:214)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.automata.core.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:43)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.09.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.08.34 AM.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Nathan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vNerdyNate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So the fix was simple. It looks like the tools didn't update the DNS Name in vCenter when LCM was looking for it. Thankfully the timeout on that step in LCM is long. I rebooted the appliance without touching anything else, and it came up. On stage 2 now. So looking good!

Thanks, Nathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
brandong08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you verified reverse DNS  lookup is working correctly?

0 Kudos
vNerdyNate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 8.48.13 AM.png

Thanks, Nathan
vNerdyNate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So the fix was simple. It looks like the tools didn't update the DNS Name in vCenter when LCM was looking for it. Thankfully the timeout on that step in LCM is long. I rebooted the appliance without touching anything else, and it came up. On stage 2 now. So looking good!

Thanks, Nathan
0 Kudos