VMware Cloud Community
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Make a diff result between several vRO endpoint with several vro package version

Hello Vmware communities,

Context :

1 Gitlab server

1 lifecycle Manager server 2.1 patch 2

vRO 1  v7.5  =>   my_vro_package_v1

vRO 2  v7.5  => my_vro_package_v2

vRO 3  v7.5  => my_vro_package_v2 + my_vro_package_v3

I would like to know if it's possible to make a diff result between my 3 vROs servers  regarding my differents vro differents package versionning.

It should be a great fonctionality if from our lifecycle manager, we can get our vRO package versionning coming from differents vro endpoints, to make a diff and can imagine that in my case, the lifecycle manager show that vRO1 and vRO 2 don't have the last version of the code which is located on Gitlab.

With that report, we will be able to push the latest version on vRO1 + vRO2 with the "deploy" functionality.

Does someone know if it's possible to do that ? i don't find the way to do it for the moment, maybe it's not possible 🙂 it's a open question ;

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think it is possible.

In short example:

1) Right click on a workflow (or folder or probably other element) and select Synchronize.

2) Type IP or FQDN of other Orchestrator server and credentials. Then click Login

3) You should see summary of all workflows you selected.

4) And you can synchronize workflows.

You can see versions and magnifying glass should produce split screen.

The Orchestrator objects that can use synchronization are workflows, actions, resources, configurations, packages and policy templates.

When synchronizing a local element that doesn't exist on the remote server, Orchestrator will not only create the element but also the folder structure for it.

Make sure that the same structure exists on both servers. Also, the ID of the Orchestrator object will be kept the same when synchronizing.

You have few options for actions:

None - This is not what you expect. This will update the remote version with the local version. If the element doesn't exist on the remote side, it will create it there.

Update - Update will take the version from the remote server and will overwrite the local version.

Commit - This will take the local version and overwrite the remote version.

Delete - If an element doesn't exist on the remote server, you can choose to delete the local version.

And the most important!!! Smiley Happy

I have never test it because I have only one vRO. So I you will try to use it, do some test how it works on test workflows etc Smiley Happy or read more.

I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Kocpawel,

Thanks for your complete answer, i 've make the test between several vROs, it's work fine using synchronization function. 🙂

But my question was about the lifecycle Manager web UI, as it should be shared between severals vROs, that's potentially means different subnet etc etc,so if we use "synchronization function" that's mean opening flows between vROs is not very easy in production, that's why i was wondering is it's could be possible by using lifecycle Web UI.

Regards,

0 Kudos