VMware Cloud Community
Sheepykins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issues resolving IP address

Hi!

I am trying to install clustered IDM appliances, however the pre-checks keep failing.

It keeps telling me one of the 3 appliances (always the same one) can't be resolved back to its IP address.

The IP is fine, no conflicts and if I re-run the precheck validations a few more times it does come back green, but then fails later on.

I've even tried adding a static host entry on the backend of the LCM itself and it still does it.

I've tried nslookup on both my DNS servers im using and they never fail to resolve the IP.

Anyone had the same issue?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sheepykins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind, solved the issue.

Had multiple reverse lookup records for the appliance, as i was using it for a single box setup with multi-tenancy.

For some reason its fine for a single deployment as far as LCM is concerned but in a cluster it will just honour the first reverse lookup it finds.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sheepykins
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind, solved the issue.

Had multiple reverse lookup records for the appliance, as i was using it for a single box setup with multi-tenancy.

For some reason its fine for a single deployment as far as LCM is concerned but in a cluster it will just honour the first reverse lookup it finds.

Thanks

0 Kudos